More people are concerned with why women stay in abusive relationships than why men are abusing women
if someone is showing off their tattoo and it’s fresh and they’re happy about it do not fucking make fun of it i don’t care how pretentious or typical or pseudo-artsy you think it is if another human being shelled out a large sum of money to have something permanently etched onto their body and they are happy and proud of it do not fucking try to make them feel bad about it especially if it was a really big tattoo. holy shit.
it’s the scottish independence referendum tomorrow
or as i like to call it
the great british break off
"According to the FBI, there have been 129 confirmed white Christian terrorists in the last 20 years. That includes Timothy McVae, the uni-bomber, the Atlanta Olympics bomber and dozens of family planning centers and abortion clinics. Muslims? 19. Which would make white people the most likely demographic to commit a terrorist attack. So watch your mouth before you call me a terrorist or I’ll knock your fucking teeth out.”
I want to add to this. Feel free to take tylenol, but ALEVE is what you’re gonna want. The active ingredient is Naproxen, which works to calm down your angry uterus. Before I went on birth control I would puke every single time I got my period. When I took tylenol, I would keep throwing up. One time I kept taking tylenol and threw up 6 times before I took Aleve and it stopped. If you’re like me and have crappy periods, take some form of Naproxen. ALSO, if you can start taking it early it will work better. Naproxen works by building up in your system so if you start taking it one or two days before your period, it will work much, much better.
MOMMA WILL GIVE ADVICE.
ALWAYS REMEMBER: MENSTRUATING DOES NOT MAKE YOU BAD. IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE SICK. IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE DIRTY.
First of all, do not go swimming in the ocean to look for Momma.
Momma will be right here.
Momma suggests that at first sign of blood, take tylenol. If you are super in tune with your body, take it when you estimate it will start soon!
Momma knows EXACTLY what to do for cramps. Eating cranberries or drinking their juice is a wonderful way to get rid of cramps.
Another way to help with the pain is to rest on your bed like in the picture, butt in the air and head on the ground.
Also, if you do not like pads OR tampons, there are more solutions!
They are very similar to one another. They are basically soft, silicone cups that go up into your lady cave that collect the blood.The softcup is a bit more expensive.
Also, Momma says that if you want to have sex and not have gushing everywhere, you can use a softcup!
The mooncup is a lot like the softcup, but it is reusable. Momma will remind you that you MUST disinfect it in boiling water.
You can even use natural sea sponge like a tampon!
Momma says it’s okay.
There are also cotton reusable pads!
Momma is also thinking of you men that have periods, too!
There is a special kind of boxers that you can buy with a special pocket for sanitary products! It also comes with a bulge.
The most important thing to do, menstruating or not, is to love and respect yourself. Do not feel ashamed, and get through it as well as you can!
Momma loves you!
i hate it when my “friends” just dismiss something i’m really passionate about like “oh you’re talking about that again” like shut up don’t ruin this for me do you know how many times i’ve pretended to care or even genuinely tried to get interested in what you like????? the least you could do is fake it rather than making me feel like a burden
This is one of the most hurtful things friends do
I have this post saved in my drafts and I use for my reference, and I thought some other people might be interested.
Okay, these are just a few of the posts and articles which articulate some of my thoughts (and other Whovians thoughts) about the issues in Doctor Who since Steven Moffat took over. Many of these are regarding issues such as feminism and homophobia, some are about the general writing, plot holes and characterisation in Moffat’s era, and some are opinions on other areas in the Moffat era of Doctor Who. I don’t expect everyone to agree with all the views brought up in these posts, I just thought it might open some people’s eyes to the problems in Doctor Who, or if people wanted to read more about why many Whovians don’t like Doctor Who under its present showrunner.
I’ll be adding to this if I find more posts, again, mainly for my own use.
- Amy Pond’s Storyline by Claudia Boleyn
- We Need To Talk About Clara Oswald by Claudia Boleyn
- Steven Moffat and Women (On Flanderization)
- More on Women in Moffat’s Era
- The Male Gaze (In both Moffat’s Era and Moffat Episodes in RTD’s Era)
- The Day of the Doctor Review/Critique by Claudia Boleyn
- Whovian Feminism Reviews the Day of the Doctor
- The Problem With Moffat Era Doctor Who by Claudia Boleyn (from a more personal perspective)
- Some Brief Points on the Characterisation of Eleven
- Mental Illness in the Moffat Era
- On Amy, Clara and River
- The Day of the Doctor Review, focussing on the bad points
- Journey Into the Centre of the TARDIS review
- (Another) Day of the Doctor Review
- Why Resetting Time Is Annoying and Bad Writing
- Three Things I Would Like Doctor Who to do Less Of (This was written a while back, so it’s a little out-dated in terms of talking about Clara, but still applicable)
- Amy and Rory’s Parents/Families
- The Weeping Angels and Their Problems
- Steven Moffat Doesn’t Understand Grief and It’s Killing Doctor Who
- In Response to the Post Above
- From Whom the (Cloister) Bell Tolls (a brilliant article) and a short (important) extract from it if you don’t want to read it all
- Plot Holes and Unfinished Storylines in Moffat’s Era of Doctor Who
- More on Moffat’s Writing (On unfinished storylines and lack of consequences in his writing)
- Women in the 50th Anniversary
- River Song and Her Relationship with The Doctor
- Eleven’s Lack of Cultural Knowledge
- Eleven Sexually Assaults Jenny Flint
- Why You Shouldn’t Try and Excuse the Doctor/Jenny Kiss
- The Comparison Between the Jenny/Eleven Kiss and the Ten/Martha Kiss
- More on Amy, River and Clara
- The Casting of Martha Jones and Amy Pond. RTD vs Moffat
- Some stuff about Moffat on twitter and his views on bisexuality (Where he talks about River being bi, and bisexuals being “busy”)
- More about River and Her Sexuality
- Short post on the Doctor and “the Doctor lies” (hiding things from his companions)
- Doctor Who and the Bechdel Test
- In Which Steven Moffat Claims Asexuality is Boring
- Interviews and Quotes from Steven Moffat (which highlight the problematic things which he has said and about some of his female characters)
- Moffservations or We Should Have Seen This Coming
- Asylum of the Daleks (from a more personal POV, mainly on plot holes)
- Re: Karen Gillan Choosing Amy’s Outfits
- On the Women Companions in Moffat’s Era (a little old but still relevant)
- More on The Day of The Doctor (in-universe and out-of-universe critique)
- Sexual Assault/Harassment in the Moffat Era (and in other episodes by Moffat)
- Fixing Doctor Who (Season 5 edition) (Brilliant article)
- Loss In Doctor Who
- Re: Amy’s Pregnancy and River’s Birth (from the POV of someone who has gone through pregnancy/childbirth)
- Osgood the Fangirl
- Storytelling with Ciphers, Bells of St John Review, Name of the Doctor Review and The Snowmen Review (All by lileclaire (some of the points are largely based on opinion, but brings up some interesting stuff))
- On so many of the storylines in Moffat-era Doctor Who largely revolving around the Doctor
- A Case of Canon Vs Canon: How DOTD disregards so much already established canon
- Things Eleven has done which Nine and Ten would not have
- Time of the Doctor Review
- Check out some reviews from Mickeleh from Moffat’s Era, especially the Time of the Doctor Review
- On the Girl in the Fireplace
- The Captain Kirk Problem: How Doctor Who Betrayed Matt Smith
- More on Amy’s Mystical Pregnancy Trope
- On Feminism, Steven Moffat, Why You Should Care and “Strong Women”
- On the female fanbase
- Why Does Steven Moffat Still Have a Job? (Sexism in Doctor Who) (This is most definitely one of my favourite posts)
- Irene Adler: How to butcher a brilliant woman character
- Fast Forwarding through Character Development
- Regarding the “It’s a woman” joke
- "Why Do I Think Moffat is Sexist"? video and transcript
- On the Doctor Inviting His Friends to Witness His Death
I really hope your girlfriend realizes she’s dating a pathetic waste of a human being and finds someone infinitely better.
A lot of lesbians are turned off by the idea of their gf having sex with men. Why is that such a bad thing? Why is it so wrong to only like women who like other women? I think the anon who asked this should be honest with her gf and break up with her though if it’s that much of a turn off.
At first I wasn’t going to reply to comments like these but now that I’ve had a couple of beers the idea of repeatedly hitting my head against a brick wall seems more enjoyable so here we go.
I have a problem with lesbians who claim that they have a “preference” towards dating other lesbians over bisexuals. I understand having a preference, I personally have a preference for girls who are my height or taller than me. However, does this preference make me view my own voice, safety, and representation in my community as superior and of more importance than those I do not have a preference for? Nope. That’s why this anon (and unfortunately other like minded individuals) don’t have a “preference” they are biphobic and overall prejudicial assholes.
If you’re not comfortable dating bisexual people because you feel they will ultimately leave you for the opposite sex or (insert other stereotypical view of bisexuals) you don’t have a preference, you are biphobic, and have some huge insecurities that you should probably deal with before you enter a relationship.
If you’re a lesbian and do not feel comfortable dating a woman who is also attracted to individuals with dicks because you find it “icky” or “gross”, it must blow your mind when you find out your partner likes watermelon and you don’t. How do you even move forward from there? Is the relationship just doomed? And yes it is the same thing. Those individuals are judging someone based on something they cannot control.
Prejudice and phobia inside the queer community is something I will never understand and is absolutely infuriating.
And why is the sexual preference and/or history of her partner any fucking business of the OP’s? That is some classic slut-shaming, woman-controlling, patriarchal shit right there.
See- why as a bi person I am STILL scared to supposedly “LGBT Friendly” spaces. Because usually it’s just LG friendly.
All is welcome as friends, but I don’t want to date a woman who just had a dick in her mouth a week ago either
That my preference so don’t come for me unless I send for you
wow…I’ve heard women say that about bi men. I’ve never heard it the other way around. There’s no love out here for bi people
People think its easy being bi because you can swing any way since you’re down for it, but having too but up with biphobic assholes and people who make assumptions about you simply because you’re bi is really fucking exhausting…
I see a lot of talk here about “dicks” instead of “having sex with men”. I’m curious to know whether these people think anyone who has a penis is a man and that you need to have a vagina to be a woman. Is that the case? Is that what you think? Because if so, not only are you biphobic as fuck, but also transphobic.